I am going to be a single mother with very little help from anyone.

Is this going to work?

Waitaminute808

Asked by Waitaminute808 at 1:04 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• alot of ladies do it and i had to do it for a looong time. its hard, its lonely at times and you'll have moments where you think you arent going to make it. but you will realize how strong you are you will pull it all together and you will be just fine. good luck
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:06 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I'm not going to lie. It's very hard, but you do what you have to. I'm a single mom of a now 6 month old. I've been doing it on my own since he was born. Feel free to message me anytime if you need to vent or talk about anything. Good luck Momma! It's an adjustment at first, but we're strong and we do what we have to for our kiddos.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 1:06 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• It will. I was a single mom at 18. Now, I did have support of friends, and later in my child's life family. But I lived by myself, just me and my son, at times 3 hours away from anyone I knew. I had to find daycare on my own, go through school on my own, work on my own. In the very beginning when my son was very young it was really lonely, and the entire year I spent away at Kent state I never went out with friends, not once. That was hard being trapped in my apartment every day, my only outlet school. But as my son got older my social life got better. My friends with go to the zoo with us, or I could take him out to eat with friends. It was hard, there were many lonely long nights, but I wouldn't change anything. It made me a better person, made me who I am today. Now 5 years later I've graduated with my bachelors degree, I'm expecting my 2nd child, engaged and own a house. You can do it! don't let anyone say otherwise
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 1:10 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• There is help out there. Whereever you may live start looking for support groups, family members, and don't know your age or if you are employed. It can work, it will be hard at times, and rewarding at others(all parenting is that way). I would definitely pursue child support if you havent' already. The father is suppose to help regardless if he is with the mother of his child. Don't know your whole situation but as a single parent for 7 years and I was from time they were born, you can do it, will get through it, and don't know if it offends you but prayer goes a long way. Your in my prayers, don't give up,there are people who care and can give you the help and answers you need to get through it. I wish you the best of luck and God Bless.
    ConnectHearts

Answer by ConnectHearts at 1:13 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Yes it is going to be GREAT!!!! I have been a single parent for at least 7 of my son's 11 years on Earth. If you get rooted and grounded in a church that loves you and care about your Spiritual Growth; then you wil do just fine. Fasting and praying is going to be your strong towers in this walk. You are working through the spirit of God because that is His child and He will ensure that you two are taken care of at all times. This is not going to be a Natural walk with spiritual help; but a Spiritual walk with Natural benefits!!!! Believe in Him first, in you second, and in the Unity that you will forever have with your child third; and God will bless you wholly! This is going to be an awesome journey, contact me whenever if ever you need me! Now you have began to build your family already!!! It is just this simple and I can help you start building earnings with very little work.
    Shelley71603

Answer by Shelley71603 at 1:18 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• It is amazing how well we adapt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU WILL DO WONDRFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    RNC2005

Answer by RNC2005 at 1:21 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• You can do it! Get involved with some moms' groups at meetup.com for support and adult interaction.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:28 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• You can do it!!!!!!
    Mommy1234321

Answer by Mommy1234321 at 1:36 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• The same things gonna happen to me. Im sorry hon. but if you're confident you can, then you can. Believe in yourself. U can do this
    mannyperry

Answer by mannyperry at 1:41 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I have no help at all lol so if you have even a little bit you can do it!!good luck

gou18

Answer by gou18 at 1:45 PM on Feb. 19, 2011