After menopause does sex change

?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Health

• yeah you don't want it anymore
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:25 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• It depends on the person. A couple of my friends are really enjoying it.............even more than when they were younger. They say they feel free! It has not worked out that way for me though.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:38 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• It could. Hormones change thus causing a decrease in sex drive, dryness, etc. All can be helped with intervention from a Dr.
    Mommyto2LilMen

Answer by Mommyto2LilMen at 2:17 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Are you asking about menopause or peri-menopause? The two are different stages of middle age for women.

I'm in the middle of peri-menopause. I started peri-menopause at 40, I'm now 48. My sex drive has went through the roof over the past few years. I'm hornier than a 19 year old boy most days. LOL

My doc told me when I started Peri-menopause that women are really use it or lose it creatures in this regard. That the more active a woman's sex life was before peri-menopause, and the enjoyment level of that sex life (the more enjoyable the better), and the more a woman experiencing orgasms, the less likely many women will start loosing her drive. The chemical/hormal releases during sex, especially during orgasm help tol keep our sex drives up and going, sort of balancing out where our hormone production is slowing down.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:59 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I also wanted to add this.

During peri-menopause, the inner lining of the vagina starts to thin out. This can cause sex to become painful for some peri-menopausal women. This is another issue that is helped out by frequent, enjoyable, orgasm inducing sex. The chemicals that are produced during orgasm help to slow down, and keep that lining from thinning out so much that sex become painful. So, another reason to keep on having fabulous sex as you get older. :-)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:01 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• i hope not
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 8:56 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• it sure can , skin gets thinner , you get drier , then the pain comes.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:23 PM on Feb. 23, 2011