Pre-school?

my daughter just turned three and i have been thinking about having her start pre-school this fall but im not sure. i will be due with my 2nd child around the time school starts and was wondering if anyone did do this or if it seems like it would be easier or harder. I would have to drop her off and pick her up also i would have a newborn, i also dont want her to feel like she is being put out of the new baby lifestyle. so should i wait or am i worrying too much?

smilelovesmile

Asked by smilelovesmile at 1:46 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think you are worrying about it too much. Pre-k is really to teach socialization and to help with letters and numbers.

I could do all that pre-k could do but I did find a daycare that combines both. That is a bonus since I work 10 hours a day.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:48 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I was in school and my oldest was in preschool when I had my son, it worked out really well. The only 'off time' I had was that first week my son was born and after that, I was on my own as DH worked a regular job so he was gone regular hours.

It will be really fun for your oldest to have something all her own, especially with all the new changes a baby brings.

You will do just fine!
    SnapdragonSMT

Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 1:50 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• My youngest was 3 months old when my three year old went to pre-school. It was a little hectic , but well worth it. It was great for the oldest to have the interaction with the other children and it really made him feel like a "big boy"! He loved it. I visited there and sat in for awhile to make sure he was fine. The staff was very accommodating to moms who wanted to make sure eveything was going well. My youngest took a lot of his naps in the car seat at that time because I was on the go a lot. Don't worry! GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:52 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I will be sending my Son for two 5 hour days next year to his preschool. My baby will be 3 months old then. I think it is a great idea! It will give me some quiet time with the baby and it is Great for him too. He loves his pre-school. I started him at 3 going two 2 1/2 hour days a week & it is working out well. I see an improvement in maturity and behavior too. He has made friends & has been invited to parties & everything. His school is just minutes from the house so it is convenient. I highly recommend sending your Daughter for her & you!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:58 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• if you can do pre school yes remenber potty training if going to be 3 year. list of material and its a good creative learning center. Do whatever is in your hands. and delegate tasks for other in your family so they can sopport you.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 6:08 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• My 4 yo goes to pre school. I have to say it's been NICE since I had my 2nd in May. I drop her off 3 days a week, for 2.5 hours. While I am home, my DS naps, or rests with me. It's just peaceful. Plus, my DD LOVES pre school. She's made so many friends, and is learning so much too.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 8:41 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• preschool is fun. I don't know any child that hates it. Also look into the local goverment preschools.

I bet you will find your child likes it and may help them deal with the new baby.
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 8:40 AM on Feb. 20, 2011