How to approach my in-laws?

They are very sweet at times, but they are so different from my family. They live 6 hours from us and the rest of their chidlren. Yet, they've seen their other children alot more than us. My husband is not a talker so he won't tell them that it bothers him. Is it my place to say something? The last time they came to see us was a year and half ago and it was 3 days after we bought our house. We don't have any children yet and I'm sure they'll want to come when we do, but I'm afraid I will resent them way too much by then. Any suggestions?

russej1

Asked by russej1 at 7:03 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• IF they are doing all the traveling why dont you visit them?
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:06 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Why don't you just initiate more visits by inviting them over more often. Nothing needs to be said. Just tell them how much you miss them and want them around.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 7:06 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• We've visited multiple times and ask constantly for them to come. It seems like there is one excuse after another.
    russej1

Answer by russej1 at 7:12 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Oh, I see. Perhaps you can sweeten the pot a bit by inviting them and planning day trips to interesting places. Or to go shopping or a game, something like that.

Answer by Bmat at 7:20 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Maybe you need to cut your losses, ?
    Anonymous