I am about to step in it.....

i just know. but i am in one of those moods! :) so, i saw a post about a woman in wally world, BF. most seem to think that she should cover up as too much of her boob is showing. on previous posts, so many moms claimed their right to BF in public and NOT cover up. so do you think that walmart mom has a right to not cover up? should all women cover up? or should you only NOT cover if you are skinny and have perky boobs?

personally, i don't want to see anyones boobs! either cover it up, or keep it discreet! skinny or not, perky or not!

so what do you think?? double standard or not??

itzmyzoo

Asked by itzmyzoo at 2:02 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• I cover because I'm fat. If I were skinny, I wouldn't so much. I think it's the mom's personal choice and what she feels most comfortable for her and baby.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 2:05 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I think that it's a mothers right to feed her child(ren) however she chooses to. If that means that a little of her boob shows then so be it.

I personally have never seen a woman 'flop it out' as so often told here on cafemom. Course, I am usually doing what I was there to do (shop) rather than look at whatever another person was doing.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:06 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• What the heck does being skinny or perky have to do with it? I wouldn't breastfeed in Wal-Mart because it's damn noisy in there, and feeding time should be quiet bonding time.

Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 2:14 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I don't care if they cover up or not. It is the baby's personal choice. My daughter refused to have her head covered except for the few seconds it took to get her latched on. I don't stand around looking for women BFing and my children know what breast are for. Most women you can't even tell unless they are trying to be "discreet."
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:22 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• If you don't want to see a woman breastfeeding, then look away

Answer by rkoloms at 2:25 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I do think that there is a double standard.  If the woman is pretty and skinny, with great boobs, who says anything?  I stare when I see someone breastfeeding.  I can't help it!  I am not a pervert trying to catch a peek at a boob, it's the breastfeeding itself that I think is beautiful.  I didn't breastfeed in public because it's just not my style.  If my child was hungry though, I'd whip it out in a heartbeat and tell whoever gave a dirty look to kiss my ass.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:00 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I dont think anyone should have to cover up when they are feeding their child. It isnt something pornographic, its completely natural.

Answer by gemgem at 3:03 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I never covered, but you couldn't see anything around my son's big head anyway. lol And why on Earth would people want to WATCH just to see if they can catch a glimpse of boob? I mean, come on! I don't even think twice about seeing someone breastfeed in public- never have. And I'm teaching my kids the same standard- if the baby is hungry, he must be fed, no matter where you are! Of course, don't take your top off to do it(there was a lady at the Dr.'s office that did this frequently lol) but I won't insist you cover up or stare at you either :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 3:04 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Personaly, I think that you should cover up. I understand that it is a natural part of life, i plan to BF, BUT...not everyone wants to see it. In the privacy of your own home, or in the BATHROOM at public places, cool. whatever. But, I think it is just a respectable thing to cover up yourself when in public. I dont think its a double standard, bc I still thinks its inappropriate for a thin pretty woman not to cover up. I have never heard of anyone being cool with one over the other :)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 3:05 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Speaking of Dr.s offices.  This chick was breastfeeding in the waiting room.  She was doing it discreetly, with a receiving blanket.  This guy came in to deliver a package and stood right over her shoulder which was across the room.  I definitely asked him very loudly if he was getting a good view.  Every mom in there saw what he was doing and was disgusting.  She didn't "have it on display" and the guy was still trying to get a peek.  So covering up doesn't necessarily mean that perverts aren't going to try to look at you anyways.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:09 PM on Feb. 19, 2011