An Update- my 3yr old Naps

Thanks All for the Help. What i did was I took him to the kitchen and put him in the corner and told him in a strong-not yelling- firm voice, if you do not take a nap, you have to stand in the corner. Well he yelled and screamed-which i ignored and just cleaned-and i told him, either stand in the corner or go take a nap. He picked the corner twice, and chose to scream and i still ignored. Then he was settling down and then Daddy called. Well he wanted to talk to dad and i just said no..Oh all H**l broke loose. He screamed and hit the wall, but i still told him no. He finally said he wanted to go to bed. About 30min later, so he went to his room and fell asleep with in 5-7min. Nothing i did in the last year helped with him, so i bored him. Either spending two hours trying to put him back into bed for a nap or night time, or about 30min of boredom.

klynn2

Asked by klynn2 at 7:09 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• God bless you, My 3 year old takes faithful naps from 1 - 3 every day and is in bed by 8 for the night. I am serious about naps. I need a break and he needs a nap.
    Anonymous

• I hear ya..My two year old sleeps like crazy since birth. I actually brought him into the docs when he was younger, because i didn't think him sleeping, seriously 16-20hrs a day all the time was healthy. I was told i was just lucky..:)
    and still now he sleeps great. 1-2hr nap times and he goes to bed in a breeze..
    My three year old i think just doesn't want to miss anything.. :)
    My sister in law, just lets her kids fall asleep when ever..i told her you need that time for your self and your kids need their sleep..its un-healthy.
    klynn2

Answer by klynn2 at 7:25 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• My son is three and he takes his nap everyday between 12-1 and sleeps for about hour to three hours. He is in bed by nine everynight. Congrats to you getting it set.
    Anonymous

• Really? Does he go to bed tired? or is that just bed time? i would love my kids to be on that schedule for bed. They too take naps around 12 and 1. Any suggestions? :)
    klynn2

Answer by klynn2 at 11:42 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• My daughter is 3.5 and takes naps almost everyday, it is quite rare that she skips a nap. But, when she does skip a nap we institute "quiet time". "Quiet time" consists of at least 1hr of quiet playing with toys/"reading"/puzzles/whatever in her room.
    Gwyn_meg

Answer by Gwyn_meg at 7:43 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• yeah we have tried that. If he couldn't fall asleep(naps), then he could take a book or small toy and just relax in his room..well he had been doing pretty good with that the couple times we tried it, but then he was the crabbiest kid in the world later or the next morning.
    klynn2

Answer by klynn2 at 10:47 AM on Nov. 19, 2008