What would u tell your ahole dh who just screamed at the kids?

So its a typical Sat morning, kids are running around the house horseplaying (2&4yrs old), im sitting in the table talking to my sis on the phone(& they are not bothering me) dh is playing xbox, so after i hang up the phone i tell him sis wants to meet up at the Rodeo, he says he cant hear me because boys are yelling , then he screams at the boys in a very ugly & loud voice to sit down, the boys just sit on the couch.Im like wtf? I asked him what did he expect for them to sit quietly all day.Then he says something& i block him off, I hug my boys& they go play in their room. I wanted to smack him across the head or call him an ugly name but im not going there.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• what is it with guys and those games? seems like they can't see the forest for the trees when it comes to stuff like that
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 2:28 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I would not say a word about it but I'll go to the fuse box and ooops the braker is off
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 2:22 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I go to the nearest empty room and close the door. My DH usually follows me in there and we ends up talking after I have cooled down. I just use the walk away basically.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 2:18 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• if this was a daily or an often occurance thing i would be very upset. but if this is the first time its happened, i might go easier on him. its possible he was just annoyed and lost his temper, which, ill admit i have done the same thing myself and then felt really bad for it. sometimes patience can wear really thin! just remind him to keep his cool when he is frustrated so he sets a good example for your boys. otherwise he is the one who needs to walk away and calm down, rather than making the kids leave the room and be quiet.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:23 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I can only imagine what that did to you. Me personally would have done something close to what you did. After sending the boys to their room would have had to say something to him. My 4 year old boy is very active and sometimes get a bit loud but we have an extra room if anyone needs a time out from him. As for yelling at the kds thats a big no no. Sorry you went through that.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 2:28 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I would ask him if there was a reason why he just screamed at the kids. If he just says that he couldn't hear you, I would ask him if he feels better knowing that the kids respect him that much more (with dripping sarcasm of course)
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:19 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Well kids do get a bit loud and rowdy horseplaying around in the house. It's really annoying especially when you don't have carpet. I tell my grandkids when they are over, if they are going to run and horseplay they have to take it outside, because we don't allow them to run in the house.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 2:20 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I understand that Honda309, i have neices& nephews& a dd who is 15& when they horseplay inside it gets annoying but a 2& 4yr old, i just thought that was uncalled for
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:23 PM on Feb. 19, 2011