How can I get my 2 year old to be less aggressive at daycare and listen to his teachers?

I was recently told my 2yr old son has been acting abnormally aggressive (biting, throwing toys, pushing, hitting). He is doing this to both kids and teachers. He has always been one of the more "rowdy" ones, but this is out of the norm even for him. He doesn't respond to being talked to or time-outs at daycare. Something even more concerning was learning he is the only one in a class of 16 that can't sit in the small tables and chairs at lunch because he runs wild whenever he isn't pinned in with a seat-belted booster seat. They also said all the other children have learned to walk in a line across the parking lot to the playground but he can't be trusted to not run wild so they have to carry him. I'm so disheartened by this but not surprised as he acts similar at home but I just assumed it was typical 2-yr old behavior. He is my first child. Any advice? I have a 6month old baby girl and have wondered if his recently bad behavior is a plea for attention but it doesn't explain the running.

CoopEllaMom

Asked by CoopEllaMom at 2:23 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• talking and making like little dramas with the word no, dont do this , and dont worry thats normal in day care teachers know what to do.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 6:10 PM on Feb. 19, 2011