Eatting disorder

At 36 I'm still going through what I went through during my younger days. As far as I can remember food is not that appealing to me. I got therapy and still eat the same way. If I eat two times a day thats a lot. I try forcing myself to eat but that did not turn out well. This is not intentional on my part. Has anyone ever dealt with any form of eatting disorder? How do or did you cope with your issue.

dubewife

Asked by dubewife at 2:42 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Health

• I did, for years. I finally, decided that I was sick of it consuming my life. It took a long time for the thoughts to go away, even after the habits did. But...it gets easier as time goes on. I just had to make myself eat and deal with it. I know it's not always that easy, though. In fact, it's an extremely difficult thing to get over, and a lot of people don't realize that. I wish I had more advice, but eating disorders are very complicated and can stem from many different places. Best of luck, though, and don't give up on getting help!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:03 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• i was anorexic and bulimic
    great combination
    i sought help and now touch wood i am great
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 8:52 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Thank you. What makes this hard is that many ppl would believe I'm intentionally doing this. I get full really quick and don't understand why. Your right this is a process that will take baby steps and I'm willing to do just that.
    dubewife

Comment by dubewife (original poster) at 3:13 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Thats amazing because my doctor and therapist kept telling me I was bulimic for over two years until they realized this is uncontrollable. My throwing up is caused by a whole different medical condition. As for food, my entire family is obesed and my mind has turned off from food. I left New York for multiple reasons one being this eatting disorder. If I was back home I would still be a size one but living in the south I'm currently a size 8. I wish that we all get pass this sickness best to everyone and thanks for sharing your experiences.
    dubewife

Comment by dubewife (original poster) at 9:13 PM on Feb. 19, 2011