Who do I contact?

I just bought my first house and it's a real fixer upper!! My cousin had found ways to get free things when he bought his first house like central heat/air systems and everything. I can't seem to get ahold of him to ask him where and how he got this stuff- anyone have any ideas? I was thinking there must be some sort of program for people who want to re-populate "ghost towns" in Kansas.... I just don't know how to find it!

Amandarizzle

Asked by Amandarizzle at 2:44 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Home & Garden

• You're not going to find places that just give that stuff away for little or no reason. Is it possibly he went to a home show/fair and signed up to try to win all that stuff, and lucked out and actually had his name drawn to win? Or did he just say it was free to try to get under someone's skin? Maybe he won a small lottery, or gambled & won, or stole stuff? There's no telling. But to buy a fixer-upper and just get all kinds of huge freebies handed to you? Not likely. GL.
    Anonymous

• Habitat for humanity would have some ideas. I do know up here in northern minnesota there is a building center where area businesses and contractors donate their unused items to be used by those who otherwise cannot afford to purchase new..but every state has a habitat for humanity organization and can tell you who can help you
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:24 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• he didn't steal or win it, it was a legitimate government thing. i just can't remember from whom... chamber of commerce or something.
    i will check habitat for humanity and call around to some building centers, thanks!
    Amandarizzle

Comment by Amandarizzle (original poster) at 9:15 PM on Feb. 20, 2011