Shaking like a leaf - family stuff.

well, my bother's birthday is tomorrow and I had just called my mother's cell phone, partly to get my brothers cell phone number and to see what address I should send his card to.
late I know, but that's how things usually are in our family.
so anyway, I call my mother's cell phone and I hear a voice that caught me off guard.
I asked 'who is this' and best I can tell it was my sister. The one that beat me up a few years back and sent me into months of recovery.
I tried calling back and she answers again.

I'm dealing with PTSD from this whole thing and now I'm shaking terribly.

ok, I suppose I should realize there's a chance that she could pick up when I call, but this was my mom's cell.

I guess amongst other things, it bothers me the thought that I may not be able to call my family without having to deal with her.

sister or not, this is the person that attacked me and this has been so hard.

I guess I was just thrown to say the least.

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 2:50 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• I am sorry. She must be with her mother. Hope you are able to find a way to deal with this upset.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:55 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Does she know it's you calling? if she does just ask for your mom if not have someone else ask for her. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:00 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I have a father who has did stuff to me that the thought of seeing him makes me feel like I want to throw up or find a real real big man who would do the same thing to my father that he did to me. So I do kinda know what u r feeling. I also can't imagine the thought of calling someone and hear his voice. The fact that u were still functional after u heard her voice speaks alot about your character and the strengh to go on despite what happened. But letting her win by being afraid to call your own mother isn't fair to u. I also know how much the thought of even going to your mom's house scares the living shit out of u, but I think u should. U actually might help yourself by going over there and showing her that u r not afraid of her anymore. U can be shaking like a leaf in a EF-5 tornado inside, but don't let her see that. Let her see that u will not let her win and u r not scared of her anymore.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:06 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I did ask for my mom and my brother and she got pretty nasty telling me they weren't available. makes me wonder where they would have been so that they couldn't be called to the phone at all.

Like I said PTSD and I was caught off guard.

so if anyone had suggestions where a person can call or go for this sort of thing like maybe a hotline I would be very appreciative. I know that there are many things for military families (BIL is airforce but don't think that includes me) so if anyone knows of a hotline or something like that for someone like me I would really like to hear about it.
    ItsMe89

Comment by ItsMe89 (original poster) at 3:06 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I can understand what your saying, I was in a very familiar situation with one of my family members. I don't know where you are with what happened but if it were me and many years ago it was, I'd not cower away from her. Even if I were scared to death, she'd never know it, there is NO way I'd let her know she gets to me! That was your mothers cell phone you were calling, not hers so if it happens again, be tough! Ask who your speaking to and tell her to get your mother! If you ever cross paths, I'd never let her or anyone else know, she gets to you!
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 3:09 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• And besides, if u have too, stop by a liquor store, buy a 5th of Capt Morgons Rum and a bottle of coke and get some of that liquid courage!
    U don;t have to answer this, but what did happen? Where was your mom? Does she know what happened? I know if my daughter got beat up by her sister bad enough to send her into the hospital, there would no way in hell I would let her inside my home if I knew my other daughter was coming over. Well, I wish u the best, and I still think maybe going over there might be a sense of closure and be beneficial for your mental well-bringing in thinking if u can beat this fear of her u will be able to get over what happened and that would be a very huge weight off your shoulders,
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:17 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Sounds to me like you need to talk to a therapist. Good Luck.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 3:18 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• What Butterfly1108 said - have someone else call and ask for your Mom. If the sister still refuses for a stranger, call the police and tell them that you think your Mom is in danger, an unbalanced family member is preventing all contact and you need the police to go check on her.
    Whimsee

Answer by Whimsee at 3:25 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• BTW- on a ironic note, that sister that beat me up because I refused to erase all those pictures is all over other people's facebook pages in pictures they took of her.

go figure.
    ItsMe89

Comment by ItsMe89 (original poster) at 6:19 PM on Feb. 21, 2011