I need help

my mother in law is being talking about taking my first daughter from me cause i have two boys already im scared to death that she can do this is my first daughter and ive already botten her tons of stuff already i know that i can take care of her and give her all the love that she needs any advice would be great

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• I need more info. What is her reasoning for wanting to take her, and why do you think she might be able to do it? What is the story behind this question?
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 3:10 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• well noone can just take your child unless she is being abused by you. is there some reason your mil would think you were abusing her
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:11 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• First of all, she has no right to your child. Unless there's a very legitimate reason, no one can take your baby away. And even if they could, the baby wouldn't automatically go to her. Is there more to the story? Because if she's using your having two other children as a reason, she has about a 1 in a million chance of gaining custody of your daughter.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:11 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I'm with lovingmy4babies. Why do you think she can do this? If you are already raising 2 boys then I don't see how she could take her. Definitely need more info.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 3:12 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• well they think that she might have down syndrome shes still in my belly but ive taking care of babies with health problems my first had alot of health problems
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:14 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I would need more info to actually say if she could or not, but unless she can prove you unfit,I don't see her getting custody of your DD, if you have 2 sons which you already care for then what is her reasons for this?
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 3:16 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• No one can take your child from you just because she has a disability or birth defect or illness. If you're not abusing or neglecting your kids, then you have nothing to worry about.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 3:16 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• ok I just seen why she is talking this and No she cannot take her from you because your DD is or may be having a disability ,so ignore her!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 3:19 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• She has to prove you unfit or the court does. Unless you are doing something seriously wrong, you should be fine. Take care of yourself, your kids, and baby to me. Good luck with all and God Bless
    ConnectHearts

Answer by ConnectHearts at 7:47 AM on Feb. 20, 2011