I went to a hair stylist...

I wanted to get my hair straightened with the brazillian, but he refused because he said he would not do that to my hair. He kept running his fingers through my hair and playing with it. He said to not mess with my hair and come back to him when I have some gray.
I feel like maybe he thought my hair was nice??

idaspida

Asked by idaspida at 3:10 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• You should also try a dry shampoo. It's totally safe and would help your oil problem. You can still only wash it every two days, but apply the dry shampoo and it will suck up the excess oil and freshen your hair. It will help lots! =) And the very cool thing, dry shampoos are becoming readily available and only cost a couple of bucks!

I see no reason why your hair couldn't handle a straighten. I'd use VO5 Hot Oil once a week on top of Aussie 3 Minute Repair Deep Conditioning twice a week. When applying conditioner, make sure and research which kind you really want. If I were you I'd probably skip the conditioner and just use a leave in treatment like Infusium 23.

It can get expensive when hair dressers start telling you what products to use, that is why I am using things that are available at most stores... and they work! Pantene is also a FABULOUS shampoo and conditioner!

GL =)
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 3:30 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I love side swept bangs. They're REALLY cute on most people. =)
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 5:13 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Well, yes. But I've ran into many hair dressers that refuse to do what I want and I make it a point to not go back to them. Forwarning me of things is one thing, giving their input is one thing, and directly refusing to do what I came for them to do is another.

I went in because I wanted my hair black and red (like a crayon). When the lady was finished, she'd informed me that she had used a temporary dark brown and burgundy color on my hair. That is NOT what I asked for. Included is a picture of it a week later. So, 150.00 later I was a very unhappy client. I haven't went back to her since.

Hair dressers - While their job is to make you look beautiful, part of it is to forwarn you about things that might damage your hair (such as perms and lightening) and what your hair is able and unable to handle. It is NOT to tell you that they won't do something to your hair because they don't want to.

Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 3:16 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Cont'd - It's very unprofessional IMO for hairdressers to do that.

Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 3:17 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• He thought my hair would not be able to handle a straightening. He thought I needed more body in my hair.
    idaspida

Comment by idaspida (original poster) at 3:20 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Have you dyed or permed your hair in the last 6 months? Do you deep condition it regularly? Do you use hot tools on it often?
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 3:21 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• After looking at your pictures, I can see why he would say you need more body, but you can still have body and have straight hair at the same time. It doesn't look damaged (it's shiny and not frizzy) but I am also not standing right next to you.

You could benefit from layers and maybe a shorter 'do. That will help lighten up the load tremendously, but if you want straight hair you are entitled to that. Also try blow drying your hair upside down and lifting hair by the roots and spraying a root lifting serum or massaging a mousse there. Just be careful to not use loads of products and especially not to your entire head. Just to the crown primarily.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 3:24 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• My hair has no product in it at all. It is all my own color, but I have used a flat iron on it twice for family gatherings. But my hair gets oily at the roots so my lower half will have body and the top is flat. SO I figured a Brazillain Blowout would solve that problem.
    I normally have to wash my hair every other day.
    idaspida

Comment by idaspida (original poster) at 3:26 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• You'd look good with bangs
    Anonymous

• I tried bangs and they helped put more focus on my nose.
    idaspida

Comment by idaspida (original poster) at 3:33 PM on Feb. 19, 2011