Passive Aggressive TV

I've watched Project Runway for years and on occasion America's Next Top Model. On both of these shows, if a competitor (a designer or a model) defends their reasons for doing something, the judges attack the competitor as being difficult. Then in later segments when the competitors are not present, the judges shred the competitor's personality, often saying the person can't take criticism. I see nothing wrong with people defending their position. These judges (Heidi et al. & Tyra et al.) are perfect examples of passive aggressive behavior. I think this distracts from the entertainment value. It certainly makes me lose all respect for their opinions. What do you think about this behavior?

Whimsee

Asked by Whimsee at 3:13 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Entertainment

• Don't watch those shows or much reality TV really. It's all for entertainment purposes so they need to have some drama.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 3:14 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I try to avoid reality shows because it is nothing but people putting on a show for the viewers... If they can top the last person.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 3:18 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I've never seen Project Runway, but I've noticed the contradictions ANTM and it bugs me. For example, they'll tell a girl she needs to be tough, that the designers, photographers, etc don't give a rip about their feelings and that the model needs to be professional at all times and not show emotion. Then they'll turn around and say "we're all human" and encourage a girl to sob and cry and let it all out and to show their feelings because that's what makes a model beautiful. Tyra sends a lot of mixed messages, IMO.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 6:38 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• i dont watch those shows anymore i use to lovce top designer with klume ,but seeing the way they are with the cometitors makes my skin crawl .i dont like thier behaviors at all it just seems they are so fake and you dont really understand their reasoning .
    freckles9399

Answer by freckles9399 at 7:07 PM on Feb. 20, 2011