Colpospy While Preg?

I just had my pap smear 2 weeks ago, came back abnormal, which is the 2nd time..

Now they want to do a 2nd Colpospy But I'm pregnant, Is it gonna hurt the baby?

has anyone had one while pregnant??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• soem drs say its ok and some say it can cause a miscarriage ... i really dont knwo tho i didnt get mine cause i was pregnant and then my other dr said it was fine but i only had a uti they were lazy the first drs and didnt check that they just jumped right to a problem so have them check for basic infections first you may just have a bacterial infection and antibiotics fix that
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:29 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• All depends on the doctor. My doctor wont.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 7:36 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I had one while I was pg. It was very uncomfortable, but everything was fine. My Dr just wouldn't do a biopsy while I was pg.
    01buckler15

Answer by 01buckler15 at 8:13 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I had one while I was pregnant. Can't remember how many weeks I was, but it doesn't do anything to the baby. All they do is look at the cerix with a microscope. It's just like a pap, but a little bit longer.
    K_Coleman

Answer by K_Coleman at 8:22 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I had one yesterday actually and I'm 16 weeks. All he did was put a vinegar solution and take a look. They won't do anything invasive while you are pregnant. He did tell me that I will have to come back after the baby is born for a biopsy and see where to go from there.
    Anonymous