What do you use?---ADDED INFORMATION

I need ideas of items you have around the house I don't have anything special--I have vinegar, bleach, dish soap and Murphy's Oil Soap.  What do you use on your kitchen/bathroom floors when mopping? I need something to thoroughly clean my kitchen/bathroom floors they just look dirty all the time even after mopping--I cannot get down on my hands and knees to scrub the floor so I need something to use with my mop and bucket  they are supposed to be no wax floors but I'm not too sure about that either I just need some ideas as to how to get the dirty look and streaks to disappear.  Thanks for the ideas so far

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 3:37 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I love Pinesol and also Mr. Clean. Lysol works pretty well too.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 4:02 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I use my homemade spray cleaner: half water, half white vinegar and a micro fiber pad. Then I also use my steam mop once a week
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:40 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Simple green.

Answer by louise2 at 3:53 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I have heard vinegar makes wood floors shiny, but I've never tried it, and I think it might be hard on the sealant. Don't know though.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 4:06 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I use Pine Sol

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:07 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I cannot get on my hands and knees either and so i use a squirt bottle with pine sol and water...spray the floor and use a swifter and clean pad. I don't use the swifter floor cleaner itself because of the price. doing the squirt bottle is good and it is much easier.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:20 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I have heard that the swifter wetjet can be harmful to animals and can even kill them
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 4:30 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I don't know what type of flooring you have or the care they require / have had. I was speaking with a flooring specialist a few months ago about my flooring (we'll be replacing soon) because it's old and yellowy with ground in dirt. It's really rather disgusting. Apparently, this is not unheard of.

I do my very best. The mop I use is microfiber and is used with only water. It leaves a surface to 99.9% without leaving residue which can cause more buildup.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 10:47 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• It is just regular no-wax flooring it was installed in 2005 when the house was rebuilt after a fire
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 10:52 AM on Feb. 20, 2011