Quick advice please.

So I went into the doctor on Thursday and had my cervix checked since I was having some strange pains. He said that the baby had officially dropped pretty low (different from when I was in there the day before and baby was still up in my ribs) and he was predicting withing the next few weeks I would have my baby girl. Today...I got an extremely strange urge to clean and organize. Which is definitely unlike me. And I read this is the "nesting" instinct. I also have noticed within the last 20ish minutes while cleaning that I am extremely shaky. Is this another thing with the "signs of labor" or what can this being really shaky mean?

By the way I am 37 weeks and 2 days now.

kristina.de

Asked by kristina.de at 3:43 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• shaky can signal low blood sugar, have some juice or regular pop and see if that helps after a few minutes. If it does that's good but add another carb that stays in the system longer....like a sandwich
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:46 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Go eat something. That is a sign of low blood sugar. Sign of labor is PAIN.

Answer by louise2 at 3:52 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• yea, i can get hypoglycemic sometimes, so just eat before it gets worse. ive gotten to the point where i passed out just because i didnt eat every 2 hours. so if you have little fat globs (white dots) on the palms of your hands, that means your body is undergoing beta oxidation and you need to eat. or you could be nervous, or you've had too much caffeine, or, if you're on any medication, you have taken too much or too little. im studying to be a nurse so that's what I've learned so far.
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 3:56 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• the sign of labor is pain........why would any1 vote that down? I am 39 weeks tomorrow and have been scrubbing for a week and still no baby. I wish we would all just have a set time and date to go. it would make things alot easier
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 8:30 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• all of the cleaning could have tired your body out already since its not something you are typically into...go eat something and sit down and relax and dont worry about whether or not shaky is a sign of labor....when you start contracting and they are 5 to 7 minutes apart then you know you are in labor sweetie
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 1:38 AM on Feb. 20, 2011