I'ver read contradicting things and now I don't know what to believe! (Working muscle groups)

I've read that it's good AND that it's bad to work the same muscle groups two days in a row. I don't really like to do that, anyway, so I don't care very much lol, I just want to know in case I change my mind about it later and want to work out hard two days in a row.

And what if you do a workout that is supposed to be full body, but one part of your body really doesn't feel it (like your abs)? Can you work just that group the next day (after a full body workout)?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 4:10 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I believe what I've heard is bigger muscles groups (legs, arms) should have a day in between...smaller muscle groups (abs, calves) are ok everyday.

I, personally, think it's best with a day in between to reduce soreness and actually have the strength to do it again.
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 6:31 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I usually stretch the days in between . Stretching and probably walking or rest. Too much stretching in certain muscles isn't really good sometimes, like the neck but it's how you feel about that.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 4:18 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• If I have muscle soreness i'll give it a day recovery......but if you want to feel it in an area that get's worked a little you can intensify it a little. Like in those WATP DVD's when she has you do kicks and knee lifts she says "draw your belly button to your spine" well make sure you do that, suck in those stomach muscles and turn the knee lifts into an upright crunch and you'll feel it. The first day I really paid attention to it and did that my obliques were sore the next day
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:34 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• You can, but you are more prone to injury. It's best to change up muscle groups day to day. You can workout everyday, just change it up.
    sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 5:46 PM on Feb. 19, 2011