If you are diabetic and told?

to follow a certain diet and buy certain things but your husband won't buy the stuff because it is too expensive what would you do(he is diabetic also)? He works and I don't so I feel the money is his to spend and that I ask him and if he says no then so be it--I cannot work because of other medical conditions I have but do not qualify for any state help either

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 4:14 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Health

• There are ways to afford being a diabetic and eating a healthy diabetic lifestyle. I've known I was a type 2 diabetic for just about 8 years now. When I was diagnosed my A1c was 11. Since then it's been in the 5.1 to 6.2 range. I shop mostly at Aldi's and spend roughly $60 a week on groceries.

I will then spend about $10-$15 every other week at either Wegmans or Wal-Mart for a few specialty things such as organic brown rice, quinoa or other healthy grains.

But I love buying proteins like Aldi's Salmon, Tilapia, lean ground turkey.....it's not organic, which I would prefer, but for now until I start buying from area farmer's it'll do.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:24 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I am a diabetic too. I eat a low carb, low sugar diet.

You might need to go get a job to buy the foods you need to buy.

I hate it when men act so controlling.

Answer by louise2 at 4:31 PM on Feb. 19, 2011