Has anyone ever went through a depression for over a month?

How did you cope?

scmedicalasst

Asked by scmedicalasst at 4:25 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Health

• i been goin thru depression for ova a month now
    mrzshanteb23

Answer by mrzshanteb23 at 4:27 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• sure for months . just time cure anything and some little medicine.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 4:28 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Just browsing cafemom could give someone depression. Smh!
    Anonymous

• why do yu think that cafemom gives depression
    mrzshanteb23

Answer by mrzshanteb23 at 4:34 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I am sorry to hear that. I myself have been going through a depression for months and have been medicated to take the edge off. Some days are better than some. When do it pass? How am I suppose to do all the things I plan to do when somedays I can not even get out of bed?
    scmedicalasst

Comment by scmedicalasst (original poster) at 4:37 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I do not feel she meant any harm by what she wrote. We do have to look at the reality of some of these social sites. The intention may have been good on the person part that create the site but people start doing crude things that makes one do not want to participate. And, a place lke cafemom when your going through a depression may very well add not take away from ones problem. We read about some of these moms with perfect households and in turn go into a deeper depression.
    scmedicalasst

Comment by scmedicalasst (original poster) at 5:09 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• i went on effexor
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 8:51 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• How well is the Effexor working for you. At the moment I am taking a combination of medication. Some have worked others have not.
    scmedicalasst

Comment by scmedicalasst (original poster) at 2:17 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Yes, medication is the key for me more than anything. Also exercise, sunlight and talking. Sounds silly but sometimes a good self help book or motiviational book like The Secret helps put me in a better frame of mind. I have found that with deep depression I have to want to be better and sometimes fake it till I make it. Little goals like I am going to get up on time, get dressed, put on makeup today and buy myself an icecream...
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 12:55 PM on Feb. 22, 2011