Describe your house for me. What does it look like inside and out?

Colors, style or decorations.

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 4:34 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I live footsteps away from the beach... my favorite thing is my breezeway. Lots of windows to let the sun in!
    The colors are warm light browns... sort of a beachy theme. I let my DD hunt for seashells, and they are now
    hanging in her bathroom. It is traditional, rather than a country style. I wanted it to be plush, just a place to relax
    and feel relaxed. This will be our first summer here! So excited...
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 4:37 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• It looks like it should be in a magazine! My walls are beautiful shades of sage, I have a mahogany dining room set, antique corner shelf and matching half moon table. Living Room has a massive fireplace, leather sectional in a beige color, antique area rugs, I custom made my drapes, they hang to the floor, the ceiling in my living room is 19' my windows are 72" long, I have 2 living rooms. The other one is more formal, chenille couch and matching chair w/ottoman and a burgundy leather recliner, another fireplace. Kitchen is huge also. Walnut and mahogany color wood with granite counters in baltic mist. Bedroom has a massive armoire with matching four post bed and chest and night stand they look antique. Way too much to describe!!! I want to downsize so bad, but DH is hard to convince!!

Linda1012

Answer by Linda1012 at 5:03 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I have a Cape Cod home, with wood floors throughout. I used Ralph Lauren paint which is my favorite, the colors are neutral tan suede in the dining room, and adirondack berry river rock in the living room. These colors give a nice warm feel to the rooms. I have exposed ceilings in the dining and the living room. The living room also has a nice electric fireplace with a white mantel. The dining room has a nice long wood table for our family dinners. In the corner of the dining room I have a pellet stove, which is so relaxing while eating in the dining room. My home is country cottage. The bedrooms are attic type -which I love. My kitchen is tan,white and some red. I have country and cottage style throughout. A nice small front porch, with an old rocking chair. You can look out my back kitchen window to a really nice size backyard, with a 4 foot pool ,a sandbox, and a little play house for my son.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 8:44 AM on Feb. 20, 2011