What is your most treasured possession?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 4:35 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Home & Garden

• My pound puppy. I got him when I was one and it is the only thing that survived through the hurricane I lived through when I was a baby. None of my baby pictures made it except for ones sent to my grandparents.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 4:43 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• my husband and my kids.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 4:37 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Exactly what robinkane said!
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 4:53 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I had to think about this. I have a tape recording of my sister Cindy singing just before she passed away. It's prescious!
    Linda1012

Answer by Linda1012 at 4:54 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• family should not count...they are not objects they are people, lol for me it would be my laptop
    Anonymous

• A few years ago I had most of my valuables stolen. Now I value things in a different way. The best stuff is my ability to talk with people and understand what is happening and being said. I have seen old people with dementia. In the early stages when they can not remember things they are devastated. Later at the end of their lives the possessions matter little to any of the family. Songs and words matter and can often be recalled. If the house burned down, I would still be me. The ability to communicate is my most important thing.
    MLM247

Answer by MLM247 at 6:23 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Well, obviously my wonderful Husband and Our perfect Son aren't possessions because They are not THINGS (duh, lol)..so I'll have to say my Wedding Ring, my Memorial Bracelet, my Terrible Towel, my Boondock Saints movies, my Twilight movies and books, and my entire music collection.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 8:55 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• probably all of my pictures
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 10:22 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Japanese antique furniture
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 3:01 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• In terms of monetary value...my wedding ring set.

In terms of sentimental value, several heirlooms from my grandparents who, for all intents and purposed were my parents--their formal dining room set, silver serving pieces, a roll top desk and hutch, and some jewelry pieces that they treasured, All of which bring back fond memories. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:38 PM on Feb. 20, 2011