What's the dumbest purchase you ever made?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 4:36 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Shopping

• About 11 or 12 years ago when I first joined the Navy I somehow got sucked into one of those things where you buy a membership to some furniture club or something. I don't even know what it was called now. Anyway, it was like $1800 and they let me and my then boyfriend split it. Supposedly you would get really great deals on furniture. What was really idiotic of us was that we weren't even living in apartments. We lived in the barracks so it wasn't like we were buying furniture anytime soon.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:52 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I bought some "insurance" which required no credit or health check, you just paid a fee each month. What I didnt realize is it only took off a percentage of the bill, so technically I paid more since I also had to pay the monthly fee ontop of that. I had my wisdom teeth removed and it would have been cheaper to pay the doctor out of pocket right then instead of using the insurance.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:52 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Our DLP tv
    Bulb burned out 3 years after we got it,cost $180 for the bulb,put it in,andit was still broke!
    Never buy a DLP!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:37 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• An electric can opener, it broke within the first week
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 4:51 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• an used car
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 6:33 PM on Feb. 19, 2011