• In the Spotlight:

Anyone have twins but one undetected during 1st ultrasound?

My first U/S was at 5 weeks and 6 days. only 1 baby. Now im 7 weeks pregnant and huge!! Also I have been extremely tired I sleep all day and all night. I really believe it could be twins. Is it possible for 1 baby not to show up, maybe its hiding or something. Or is it totaly outa the question...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• its usually hard to miss it that early i was big then too now i look like im 7 months and im only 17 weeks its possible but uinlikely in an early ultra sound like that
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:40 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I look like Im 3 moths or 4! So yah dont think its possible?
    Anonymous

• i still think it is just possible that youare showing early the only way to tell is for another ultra sound like i said i was huge then and 3 - 4 months isnt that bad i wish i actually looked 4 months lol maybe i wouldnt waddle already
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:44 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• yes and it didnt survive the birth. I didnt know about it and neither did the doctor until the babies were born and one had stopped developing at 12 weeks and the other is my son who is 4 now
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 7:51 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I would have to say that I think it is possible. If you are carrying 2 babys in the same sac one can be behind the other one.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 7:51 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• It's that possible, but I wouldn't think of you seeming "huge" as it being twins. You're always going to think you're big, while others might not even know you're pregnant.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 8:26 PM on Nov. 18, 2008