My dh wants to have family come over for EASTER. but i dont want to

i would much rather go to another family members house. ive have huge social anxiety and we are on a tight budget. i know if i make this an issue we will end up fighting about it. someone help me . wht would u do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Holidays

• I would tell him.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 4:47 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• you should be able to talk to your husband about anything, even about the ester budget issue. If you on a thight budget its not a smart idea to throw a easter party. Cause theres some stuff to buy and prepare. Talk to him about it let him know what you think and worrie
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 4:58 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• If there are budget issues let him know you can't afford to have a lot of people over. Maybe just a few people and have a pot luck so it's really not costing you a lot more, that way you can both be happy.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:29 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• OP if it's a matter of finance, do a pot luck. I am having Easter this year, and everyone is bringing a dish. We'll have PLENTY of food that way.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 8:48 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• talk to him about it when he is calm and just let him know your feelings about it
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:31 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I host it every year for both of our sides. I would let him know that you would rather not.
    mommybug77

Answer by mommybug77 at 3:09 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Distract him with a weekend alone, just the two of you...... ;)
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 10:36 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Have everyone bring something. Find out what each person is bringing that way you know what you can make.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 10:40 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• We're always asked to bring something which is only fair.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 12:15 PM on Mar. 8, 2011