Urgent!!!! (Not exactly gross unless you'r really squeamish.) adult content

I was playing with my son and he scratched my eye. It hurts REALLY bad and I can't open my eye. I have already flushed it out with water and when I looked in the mirror there was a visible scratch across the iris and pupil. The eye lids are swelling at a fast rate. Should I go to the ER or will it heal on it's own? Is their something over the counter for it? My hubby is calling everyone he can think of and they aren't answering. There is no loss of vision, just blurry where the scratch is.

MamaStuart

Asked by MamaStuart at 4:57 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Health

• ER! NOW!
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 5:00 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• better safe and go see a doctor asap.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 4:59 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I would go to the urgent care for sure. You might regret it later if you don't. I hope that it's not serious damaged.
    cocobrown28

Answer by cocobrown28 at 5:00 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• You need an opthamologist!!!! Look online for home remedies, maybe put a patch over it until you can see an opthamologist.

Linda1012

Answer by Linda1012 at 5:06 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Go to the ER!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 5:00 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Yeah, go see a doctor asap. I wouldn't want to mess around with your vision.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 5:00 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• go to your eye doctor if you have one, and if they can see you now. Otherwise head to the ER. Eye scratches can actually be very dangerous and damaging. Good luck! Hope everything is okay!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 5:11 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Go to the ER. Eye infections are very dangerous. If it were to get infected you could lose your eye.
    Momxoxoxo

Answer by Momxoxoxo at 5:49 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• It needs to be looked at. Call some eye doctors and you might be able to talk to one on call. I had a problem one weekend and was able to get some much needed advice for an eye problem.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:49 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I had a scratch on my eye a few months ago (small piece of glass got into it somehow when I was cleaning) and I didn't go to the doctor because I couldn't afford it. It healed on its own after about a week. I just kept eye drops handy and kept flushing it out.

I'm NOT saying that you shouldn't go to the doctor, because if that will put you at ease you should go! I'm just saying that the scratch I had healed on its own. Usually they will heal on their own, but if you think it will help or if it gets worse (like your eye swelling really badly, vision problems, etc.) you should go.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:16 PM on Feb. 19, 2011