House votes to block funding for Planned Parenthood.

Did you hear? The House voted to bar Planned Parenthood from federal
funding. They cut funding for HIV tests, cancer screenings, birth
control, and more, putting millions of women and families at risk. We
can't let it go unanswered. Sign the open letter to the reps who voted
...for this bill -- and to the senators who still have a chance... to stop it.

www.istandwithplannedparenthood.org

I use these services, for birth control, and other health reasons. They are so insane and uneducated. They are asking for more problems. I am so enraged by this. Please, sign for our rights!! Thank you!!

Tarrar

Asked by Tarrar at 5:02 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Health

• signed
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 5:29 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• signed!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:13 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 5:08 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Signed! Just because many (not ALL PPs) do abortions is NOT a reason to allow this to pass. The do WAY more good than harm, even if you are anti-abortion. Maybe even MOST do abortions, but I know that one of the ones kind of close to me (the nearest is like 2.5 hours away or more) do not do abortions, or at least they didn't last I heard. Birth control, condoms, screening tests, etc. are SO important! If more people had access to free or very low cost birth control, fewer people would feel forced into abortions, and if more people were able to have access to screening tests, they could be treated sooner before things got out of control.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:26 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• If more people had access to free or very low cost birth control, fewer people would feel forced into abortions,

If more people used common sense and took responsibility for their actions, then they wouldn't feel "forced" into an abortion. You can get free birth control at the health department.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 7:48 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Beth is so right - birth control is free at the health department, but abortions are not available there. Now, tell me what need PP is really filling.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:27 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• signed and bumped
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 3:57 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Well, without planned parenthoods free birth control, there will be LOTS more abortions, unhealthy children etc. I support them for all the good they do :)
    Tarrar

Comment by Tarrar (original poster) at 5:13 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Maybe its free from the health clinic in your town... but in mine. And not only does PP provide free birth control, it provides free health visits, std tests for women and men, and free paps!!
    Tarrar

Comment by Tarrar (original poster) at 1:52 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• get shocked and find out you have something in common with the "other side" (of the abortion debate). I mean, I would LOVE to see, on national television, a civil abortion debate!!! I'm sure in real life they happen here and there, read about one on the huffington post, but they aren't as common as the should be.
    purplerobin

Answer by purplerobin at 2:31 AM on Feb. 22, 2011