For people who believe the earth is only 10k years old. How do you explain fossel records that date back millions of years?

Iamasinglemom99

Asked by Iamasinglemom99 at 5:40 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Religious Debate

• They think the scientists are off with their findings. being wrong by THAT much is a little hard for me to believe though.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:41 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Where I live we have rock art and other remains that easily prove that people have been living here for between 40 and 60 thousand years. The people are not all the same culture. The evidence is not all at the same location. Some of the cultures appears to be continuous. I do not believe, as some Europeans do, that God spoke to people in modern English. Not do I believe that all those Diets and Conferences who are responsible for determining which writings are included in the Bible were acting upon direct and divine inspiration. It is my understanding that Christians are a minority group. It is a weird religion and I think that the planet would be much better off without it.
    MLM247

Answer by MLM247 at 5:58 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• MLM247, you had me until "It is my understanding...better off without it". As a Christian myself, I don't believe that the earth is only 10k years old, or reject the notion of evolution, or believe that we've been one continuous culture, or that God spoke modern English (heck I doubt if I believe God "spoke" to anyone at all") or that the Councils which were responsible for church doctrine were acting infallibly, etc. One needn't believe all those things to be Christian, and Christianity is one of the LARGEST faiths of the world...

But anyway, I don't believe that faith and science have to be mutually exclusive, and I do understand that there have been people around for a VERY long time. I also don't believe that the garden of Eden was a specific place where the whole population of the earth started or where God first revealed Himself. ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:53 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Are there people that actually believe the world is only 10,000 years old?
    HA! Silly people!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:02 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Only if those people deny all science and live in a fairyland of hoary old myth +-
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 7:45 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• carbon dating is wrong
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 1:42 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Interesting answers...
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:26 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I believe that the scientist just came up with some numbers and rolled with it. Especially since God isn't welcomed in the science realm.
    somuchlove4U

Answer by somuchlove4U at 5:16 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Science isn't necessarily a proven fact but it outweighs far more than the religious theory
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 6:19 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• So the scientists are all wrong about the age of the fossils through carbon-dating... but if scientists came out and said they found Jesus's shroud or the holy grail and they could prove it through carbon dating, then they'd be right....right?
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 6:43 AM on Feb. 20, 2011