For people who believe in Evolution explain the monkeys in the zoo.

Why are still the same????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Religious Debate

• rolling on floorrofl

Gen

Answer by Gen at 6:14 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• No wonder you don't believe in it, you don't have the first clue about what it means. It does NOT mean we "evolved from monkeys". It means we share a common ancestor, the same way different varieties of tomato all have a common predecessor. Or do you believe your god created each individual variety of tomato, even though sugardrop tomatoes didn't exist until a few years ago when a group of tomato growers cross bred them and manipulated them until they were invented?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:52 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• First of all, they say humans derive from apes not monkeys, there IS a difference. And most have evolved from their original species, some evolved differently from others because of climate and other surroundings
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:47 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Does anyone have any RUM?? I feel the need for a very LARGE glass after reading this question!!!!
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 7:47 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• NP & Kristi covered a lot already about it being a common ancestor, but I want to say that one good thing about evolution is that it's a FACT. We don't have to BELIEVE in it for it to be true. It is observable both in nature and in labs, as well as in the fossil record. The Theory of Evolution by Natural Selection is the best explanation we have for the FACT of evolution. I've studied Archaeology, Physical Anthropology, Osteology, and Forensic Anthropology, and sometimes I just can't believe how much people are lacking in scientific knowledge in this country. It's scary.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 7:54 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I second the suggestion of try reading some science books, or watching some science documentaries if the reading would be too overwhelming.
    Take some time to educate yourself first, then come back and ask what questions you still have.
    This question is simply just too ignorant to even TRY to explain how wrong it is.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:00 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Hmm ask a question and then answer yourself. ( Yes OP we all know you left the first reply. it says so.) Interesting concept. So based on your question and self answer I'm not going to bother trying to explain it since your mind is so blatantly closed off to reason. Besides other here have answered the question pretty well. Me?? I'm answering for the points.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:01 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I really think someone needs to try to understand a little better just what evolution is and entails... I really wish I could think of a more helpful answer, but the question is based on a serious misunderstanding of what evolution is, so other than sit here and try to explain it myself all I can think to do is offer the suggestion that whoever this person is take the time to try to understand it. And from legitimate sources, not from any source that actually teaches this kind of thing is what evolution claims....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:49 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Kingdom Phylum Class Order Family Genus Species.

The theory of evolution states that we (apes and humans) both evolved from a common Primate ancestor. When they state this they are referring to the Order. It is a taxonomic classification which is characterized by large brains, stereoscopic vision( eyes face forward and produce a 3-D image from 2 distinct retinas giving the ability of depth perceprion) opposable thumbs, and are sexually dimorphic (distinctly different sexual organs).

Seriously, take a biology class or two before you start discrediting the science that you don't understand. Otherwise you just sound like an idiot.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:56 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I'm guessing wild monkey sex was involved. 

If you want to understand evolution, I suggest you do a little research from reputable sources.  Tip:  Religious websites are not reputable sources.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:34 PM on Feb. 19, 2011