What should I do????? kinda long

Okay my husband and I have been tryin for lil over 6 months now and nothing has happened. I asked him if he would go to a doc and get checked out or whatever. And he claims it's not him that has the problem he swears it's me. We already have a son had to do a c-section. I tell him it doesn't make me feel any better when he says that to me. Right now I'm waiting for my period to start in 2 days. I don't know if there's something that we could do different to help the preganancy happen. I have him drinking coffee to help the flow of his lil buddies. I tilt up or whatever after sex. I'm taking herbalife supplements, could that possibly be the cause

Heather_Missour

Asked by Heather_Missour at 7:43 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• First of all, your husband is absolutely out of line with his statements.. how dare a man that loves a woman say something liek that to her!

Secondly, it can take a while, your likelihood of being pregnant after trying for a year is very high, and if then it doesn't work i would go see your OBGYN. Just keep trying, don't drive yourself crazy, and be sure to let your husband know how much of an ass he is....
    Anonymous

• If you already have a child then chances are there isn't a problem. The best thing to do is to figure out when you ovulate and make sure to have sex on that day. They sell tests that you can use to determine if you're ovulating. For most women it's approx. 2 weeks after you get your period.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 8:00 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I've done the ovulation calendar 3 times now and nothin's happen with those. I had seen on webmd that there's such thing as secondary infertility which isn't very common, but it still worries me on that part
    Heather_Missour

Answer by Heather_Missour at 8:04 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• sometimes it just takes a while.. Have you had any tests? Ask to get your progesterone tested after ovulation to see if you are infact ovulating.. I got preg with #1 after 2months of ttc, #2 after 2months of ttc( ended in miscarriage) and it took us about 11months for pregnancy #3. Due to the fact that I had low progesterone, I was ovulating and had all the right signs and symptoms of it, but my progesterone levels weren't high enough to sustain a pregnancy so every month I would get AF, sometimes a few days late. It was something that once we knew what we were dealing with , there was an easy fix to it. Secondary infertility typically isn't "diagnosed" till after a year of trying for another baby.
    mamaof2748

Answer by mamaof2748 at 8:37 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• thanks anon, i appreciate it.
    Heather_Missour

Answer by Heather_Missour at 9:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2008