Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

How does a military spouse go to college?

My husband leaves for basic in a few months for the Marines. When my toddler starts school, I want to get my nursing degree. But how can I do that if I never know when we will have to move? Is it even possible?

Answer Question

Asked by acurran88 at 5:54 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Money & Work

Level 12 (866 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • Yes, you will just have to transfer. I've know many women who went to college while their husbands were in the military and they would just transfer their credits to the next school.

    Answer by shanlaree at 5:56 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

  • Yes find a college that you can easly transfer to.

    Answer by louise2 at 5:58 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

  • I attended school on post while we where in Germany. However, if you are stateside you will have more options. The best thing to do is to start nursing school as soon as you arrive at your new post that way you will be able to finish before you leave.

    Answer by JeremysMom at 6:11 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

  • Try a creditable online school lke Grand Canyon University. Do the clinical and stuff(wont be for a while) when you are at your new place.

    There is almost militaary souse funds, call the one stop center.

    I went to school 100% with the military spouse inititive fund account.

    Good luck!

    Answer by IraqiVetWife at 7:14 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

  • Yes. maybe on-line classes.

    Answer by HomeAlone45 at 7:58 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.