How do I go about getting pregnant after I had Nova Sure procedure done?

I am wondering how I go about getting pregnant after having the Nova Sure procedure done? can I use chinease herbs or get the procedure reversed?

Pixies30

Asked by Pixies30 at 5:57 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I just read this... " NovaSure is for premenopausal women with heavy periods due to benign causes who are finished childbearing. Pregnancy following NovaSure can be dangerous." at http://www.novasure.com/info/novasure-and-heavy-periods/benefits-considerations-novasure.cfm

So I'd say your REALLY NEED to talk to your doc about this!!!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:03 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I'm not even sure what Novasure is but I'd recommend a talk with your dr
    maybaby22

Answer by maybaby22 at 5:44 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I don't think you can. From what I read- in the brochure that I have- the lining in the uterus will not develop properly to develop a baby. I thought it was only done when you are certain you don't want more kids.
    hoopsielv

Answer by hoopsielv at 9:27 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• From their website:

Can I still become pregnant after the NovaSure procedure?

Because NovaSure treats the lining of the uterus, your chances of getting pregnant after the procedure will be reduced. However, it is still possible to get pregnant if you’re sexually active. A pregnancy after an ablation is very dangerous for both the mother and the fetus, since the uterine lining would not be able to properly support fetal development. It’s very important to talk to your doctor about what birth control you will use after the NovaSure procedure.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 7:47 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• ya as far as i understand it's a way to make yourself not have kids anymore and fix those darn periods! talk to a doc!
    strawberryLVR

Answer by strawberryLVR at 10:44 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• you can still technically get pregnant after it, but the doctors say it is dangerous to both mother and baby. because it pretty much strips the uterus of all endemetreal (sp) tissues, which is where the baby grows.
    kittymeri

Answer by kittymeri at 2:30 PM on Mar. 29, 2011