What is the best acne med out there for a 16 yr old? over the counter

jenn4443

Asked by jenn4443 at 6:01 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• The Clearskin Professional line from Avon is great. I buy it for my neices and my little sister. They actually have a 3 pc started for $12.99 this campaign. If you decide to purchase it online you can go to my site at www.youravon.com/stephaniemanning and enter the code FSANY for free shipping!
    AvonOpportunity

Answer by AvonOpportunity at 10:54 AM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Beleive it or not Me and my son use Noxzima it works wonders use everyday in the a.m and before bed and washing your face without soap keeps the skin pure and open...actually soap cloggs the pours..try it.
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 7:25 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I use acne free. It is a 3 piece set you can find it at Walmart or Target. It works wonders, expecally for black heads.
    aydansmomma04

Answer by aydansmomma04 at 5:59 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Oh, and check out Mark by Avon. It's Avon, but for teens. They have their own Acne line too. Click here for Mark. Hope this helps!

sunshine06

Answer by sunshine06 at 8:09 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Here is how my teen handles her acne: wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (like Just Tomatoes or Lush). Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:17 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• proactiv worked wonders for me as a teen
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 6:21 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• My teen uses Cetaphil, Clean & Clear Astringent and Clean & Clear moisturizer for night. Then in the morning, the Cetaphil cleanser and Neutrogena's Facial Sunscreen.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:49 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 3:58 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• My teenage son is starting to get oily skin and acne. I tried the acne treatments you buy at the pharmacy, but the best thing that I have ever used is Pruity cleanser by Phlosiphy on QVC.com It works wonders it is safe for all skin types leaves your skin soft and acne and oil free. Once I tried it I will never use anything else, my son used it and it cleared his acne up the next morning. Great Stuff!!!!
    mammajo61

Answer by mammajo61 at 7:08 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Neutrogena has some products that have worked for my daughter but she rarely has any issues.
    saltycoqui

Answer by saltycoqui at 8:22 PM on Feb. 20, 2011