Which is tougher to raise Boys or Girls

Momxoxoxo

Asked by Momxoxoxo at 6:08 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I definately think boys are when they are younger. They are more wild and accident prone. Girls as they reach 10 and up because they are starting with their hormonal moodswings and they are more expensive, make up, hottest clothes and cutest shoes (hundreds of them) oh and fighting over boys lol
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 11:47 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I think boys are harder when they are young & ornery- but then the girls get hard when they hit the teen years. So I guess it's a toss up!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:11 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I would say girls from all that i have heard. i have 2 boys and its not that bad. My mom said us girls were so much harder and i have heard that from alot of people.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 6:10 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• For me the boys were harder as babies/toddlers. DD was an angel at those ages. Now that we are hitting the teen years DD is harder, more emotional and volatile. The boys get upset and 5 minutes later they are fine. Much easier than the younger years.

I think it's a toss up.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:13 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Girls because boys don't get PMS.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:40 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Momxoxo: Welcome to the catty side of CM. Sorry you had to see it so soon. And I'm glad you stuck up for yourself. Good for you. I hope you continue to enjoy CM & dont worry, not all moms on here have their claws out! -lol
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:26 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• From my experience .. My daughter has been harder to raise then my son. My daughter is only a year old, but man she is a drama queen. She has a temper unlike any other and has a short fuse. My son is laid back and easy going. He takes things as they come and rarely has a tantrum. So from my experience my daughter has been harder.

Though overall in the broader picture it's based on the individual not the gender.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:37 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I agree with the boys when they are young, girls when they are older. DD is 6 and DS is 4 and DS4 has given me a freaking hell of a time in his 4 short years. DD an angel. I know that will turn around when she hits early teens.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 6:42 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I have two boys and one girl. They are different but I really don't see one as easier than the other. All three are so different from each other and have their own personalities so there is no real way to compare.

FricknFrack

Answer by FricknFrack at 7:07 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• My personal experience is that girls are easier when they're younger (before teen yrs) and boys are easier when they're older (teen yrs and up)!
    Karmama

Answer by Karmama at 10:16 PM on Feb. 19, 2011