Why is it so hard for people to get to know others without people thinking something of it?

I tried making friends with other moms to which we had or appear to have things in common and was rejected. I thought this was a networking site and not a bar. Some people are so uptight about meeting new people it's scary. To the other moms to which has accepted my invite thank you and I'm a mom same as you are. Being raised in the north has truely shown me the difference with how people socialize. This is not to affend anyone in any manner. I am just stating what others may be thinking.

scmedicalasst

Asked by scmedicalasst at 6:36 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I know what you are saying. There have been a couple of moms on here I tried to chat with and for some reason I wasn't cool enough or something. But like you I came on here to make friends cause I just moved to this state and I have no friends or family her so I thought it would be cool to meet moms so I can have someone to hang out with at times or maybe even have play dates with our kids. So far I have met 1 other mom on here who I have hung out with and she is a nice girl. But it would be cool to meet more moms.
    Christieluv0614

Answer by Christieluv0614 at 7:06 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I agree with both of you. A lot of people is not even being friendly on ths site. I thought that is what this site is for. Mothers venting and chatting with other moms. Christi, what state do you live in? I live in Georgia.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 9:00 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I am struggling to meet moms on here also!  I am in Q and A a lot so I started inviting people whose answers I liked.  Some accepted, many didn't.  It sucks because I'd really like to get to know A LOT of people on here, it doesn't matter to me if they have the same opinions as I do.  In fact I'd prefer it if they didn't have EVERYTHING in common with me.  Sorry, kind of venting on your post, lol. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:58 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Vent thats what were suppose to do.
    scmedicalasst

Comment by scmedicalasst (original poster) at 2:00 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I live in Oregon dubewife.
    Christieluv0614

Answer by Christieluv0614 at 5:49 PM on Feb. 20, 2011

• For me, it's just very awkward. I certainly don't mind friending someone on here, but my problem is being able to hold a conversation. I can't just randomly talk to someone but I don't mean it to be offensive to anyone.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:06 PM on Feb. 20, 2011