Does your dog act this way?

We have 2 beautiful goldens I don't brush them often as I should only when it's shedding season but today I decided to brush them and the female would get like oh don't brush me there (I was trying to brush her tail and the back of her hind legs) no matter how much I tried she would not sit still maybe for a second...lol I have to admit it was funny and cute so I did the best that I could and she looks lovely but I do want to know WHY did she not let me get back there?
And my male dog he was ok but he sort of acted the same but he wasn't as tangly as the female.
Thank you ladies ;)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Pets

• I think it tickles them but, thats just what i think?
    pswiley

Answer by pswiley at 6:51 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• As long as she is not limping or doesnt have any bumps or lumps there, I would just chalk it up to one of her tickle spots. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:57 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Dogs are protective of their back ends, more so for the males usually than in the females in my experience. If she had tangles, they were pulling and she was in discomfort, hence the difficulty standing still for the comb out in the back. No, my dogs are all short hair and I work on teaching them to stand stay for everything including nail trims, which one of them really dislikes....but tolerates fortunately.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 1:19 AM on Feb. 20, 2011