For Smokers: Is it okay to have one cheat day a week??

Is it okay if you're now trying to stop to have one cheat day when you get one??? I've heard it helps and gradually you find you need that cheat day less and less??

gutterflower585

Asked by gutterflower585 at 6:48 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Health

• while it is best to just quit, if you only have one a week, chances are that cigarette will taste disgusting and you'll feel very light-headed and you'll put it right out!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:52 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Sorry, I've tried cutting it to 1 or 2 a day- but once you know you have them around- it's too easy to fall back into normal, old habits. Try the E-cigs. I know it's hard. I have tried the gum & the patch. Neither worked for me. The E-Cigs helped for a while, & I may try them again, but I just have not found the will to even want to try again. GL to you tho :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:53 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• But what if you don't have them around, you're just buying one, you're not keeping any??/
    gutterflower585

Comment by gutterflower585 (original poster) at 7:05 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Rip that sh*t off like a band-aid. You'll probably never quit if you allow yourself to still smoke on some days. Put them down and don't look back; use patches or lozenges or nicotine gum if you need to, but don't keep smoking if you're trying to quit! (btw, I quit a whole bunch of times so I have lots of experience, lol. I've now been smoke-free for almost 4 years)
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:22 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Nooo You need t o make your body get used to eliminating nicotine, no cheating it doesnt work
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 8:46 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I use to smoke and I went cold turkey my dad however did that cheat thing and never quit am smoke free 5 years!
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 8:47 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• no, It will get u started again...dont do it.
    peachwine

Answer by peachwine at 8:51 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Nope.. Your body must be flushed of the nicotine & everything else to get over the addiction..
    By having that "cheat day" your continueing to feed that need in your body... Its actually doing the total opposite of what you need to quit for good..

By having those cheat days ur giving your body just enough to taste to keep the addiction alive until your next cheat day... Clean your body of the toxins & be done with it!

I use to smoke .. quit cold turkey.. i know even 4yrs later if i had 1 drag id most likely be a full blown smoker again.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:58 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Not doing yourself favors, and they used to say one cigarette a day wasn't bad and now they have changed their minds and it is lethal. Have you tried lozenges? Better one than going back to where you started I think if mentally that secret little smoke gets you through as you try to manage to quit but its not physically going to make the quitting go easier.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 12:50 PM on Feb. 22, 2011