In the News,what in the world r we going to do?

I haven't watch the news in a few days and there are more protests of government going on in more countries. Gas is going Higher and that means food prices go up, too. We can hardly make it now. What can we do if, anything?

pswiley

Asked by pswiley at 6:49 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• We need to tell our Government to stop the shit. Food prices are going up and also there is going to be a shortage, so buy extra every month.
    They want us to riot get out on the streets say do something take care of us then we stop being free! The government wants you to think you you can't o anything your self!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 7:08 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• DON'T vote Democrat!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:15 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I really want to own my own land and farm and garden but it sounds like the government is going to take the right from us too.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 7:31 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• – collapse
    My theory is that the gas companies are trying to kill the economy on purpose. They'd like you to vote Republican next time around because they have more control over our Republican candidates, and can get away with more stuff.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:42 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• What a WONDERFUL imagination you have there :) Ummm her are a coupl of FACTS the DEMOCRATS have had the majority in the house and senate for the last FOUR years AND they have had a DEM president for the last TWO. THIS is what we call a SUPERmajority.Meaning that repubs cant stop ANYTHING they want to do. SO it seems to me that these CURRENT astronmical gas prices could have been taken care of .....only wait....THATS RIGHT DEMS are getting money from the oil companies TOO. Work in Facts...you will do better :)
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:54 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• My theory is that the gas companies are trying to kill the economy on purpose. They'd like you to vote Republican next time around because they have more control over our Republican candidates, and can get away with more stuff.

LMAO.

Outside of that, I agree with Lorikeet.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:12 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• As a matter of fact, I went to the grocery store for milk and bread today. While trolling through the store, I looked at jelly and jam. Not one little jar was under $2.59. Then I went to the meat counter. One whole chicken was $8.29. Now, I know that prices change but that was a little ridiculous. So, to answer your question. I would suggest you maybe buy extra and store it. If you have the freezer space and can fill it, do so. Summer is coming and even if you live in an apartment you can grow some fresh veggies. Shop for local produce when in season. Bake from scratch and don't eat out.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 8:33 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• LoriikMeet you know the problem is both parties. Look how they bad mouth Ron Paul, they do not want anyone to change the direction our Government is going!

Look at the new speaker of the house another game player.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:39 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Stay involved in politics and vote conservative. You have a choice: vote Democrat and expect to turn over your money and your life decisions to an impersonal government or vote Republican and take back control of your own financial and personal destiny. The difference is that stark.
    annabarred

Answer by annabarred at 11:20 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Gas wouldn't be so high if we remember that we sit on the largest supply of crude oil and natural gas on the planet; however, the dems and the EPA will not allow us to drill. Yeah, I know. We might interfere with the migrating critters. I think it is more about control. They have given us to the oil producing countries. If we drilled our own crude and then refined that crude, we wouldn't need to buy hardly any from outside our country. We could tell the OPEC countries to kiss off. Our citizens would have jobs, pay taxes, bolster our gov't, and get rich. We would be self-sufficient in this 'global economy'. Countries would come to us for goods and services. We wouldn't be in this debt hole if we did. You can't bring down the great democratic experiment started in America over 200 years ago if you allow that to happen now can you?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:53 AM on Feb. 20, 2011