What is music coming to???

I grew up in the eighty's : best music ever!!! The 90's were cool to, but todays music is so disgusting, I feel to throw up.. I love music, It helped me through so much, listening to lyrics and real music.... What the hell will my kids grow up and listen to???? Justin Beiber??? Lady Gaga???? Utter Rubbish!!! Anyone else??

gutterflower585

Asked by gutterflower585 at 6:57 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Entertainment

• The 80's were the best for movies and music!

I absolutely hate rap. Why do they consider that music?
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 6:59 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Bieber and gaga not as bad as rap. My grson likes rap and the lyrics are so damaging to their young minds. I think rap should be banned.
    pswiley

Answer by pswiley at 7:02 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I was a teen in the 80s, but I do like some of lady GaGa's stuff.
    mostly from the radio, I haven't watched her in person much.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 7:11 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• There's still a lot of good music coming out, you just won't hear any of it on mainstream/pop radio or MTV. You gotta dig a little deeper. In the 90's, "alternative" was fairly mainstream for a few years, so everyone was into it and it was all over the radio. Now, it's actually gone back semi-underground, but it's still there.
    Oh, and you can always just listen to the old stuff :-) I do a LOT of that!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:19 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Although I like rap, I do have to agree that a lot of the lyrics are degrading towards women. I used to listen to rap songs on the radio, but I stopped because I don't want my child listening to the bad words. I especially liked when Tupac was out because he spoke about real social problems instead of bragging about shooting people and bragging about having money, women, are cars.When rap came out in the 70's people talked about real issues, but now it just doesn't make sense anymore.

I have a problem with the fact that real musicians who don't fit mainstream expectations don't get their time to shine, backwards in my opinion.
    cocobrown28

Answer by cocobrown28 at 7:31 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Theres a few song of rap I like for example the movie "8 Mile" and the song done by "M&M (sorry, I don't know hiw to spell the name correctly lol) Afew others like "2Pac" and "Bone Thug and Harmony" old school stuff. But basically I am a country girl.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 9:15 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• LOL...Thats the exact thing our parents said.....I have to agree though, the 80s was it....
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 9:23 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I generally stay away from the radio- especially top 40 crap and rap staions

There is good music -you jsut have to try harder to find it, and Iagree it's sad. I hate all the music that's out that is just meaningless or about sex
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:27 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• What's great about music is that is lives orever, long after the artists have died. I agree that music sucks nowadays. I grew up in the 80's too and I will take Simon&Garfunkel, The Beatles, Fleetwood Mac, The Eagles, Elton John, Rod Stewart, CCR(list is endless) ANY DAY!!!!!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 6:25 AM on Feb. 20, 2011