Can we give our children too much of ourselves.

You hear a lot of people tell mothers that it's important to make time for themselves. You also hear that so many children don't get enough quality time and attention at home.

Can you really give your child too much attention? How do you create that balance in your family? And finally how do you feel it makes your family stronger ?

kayslay

Asked by kayslay at 7:22 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes, it has to be moderation, YOu have to remember to give yourself time to be yourself alone..
    twinpicks

Answer by twinpicks at 7:49 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Moderation is the key to being a good parent..
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 8:05 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Anyone and everyone has to have alone time and relax time for them in order to be rested, calm, and make good decisions. It is not selfish and if you dont' take care of yourself, not going to be able to take care of anyone else. Kids are demanding but sometimes it's ok to get a sitter, ask for help, and sleep, read a book, or just sit and do nothing. Quality times with kids is Awesome too, never enough in my opinion even in my own home. Have to keep a balance and it gets hard at times.
    ConnectHearts

Answer by ConnectHearts at 7:45 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I agree that its all about balance. I actually do better when I stick to my schedules.....which I'm not always good at but I find to actually clock in me time, kid time and hubby time makes everything and everyone more balanced and happy. On my less than perfect stick to the schedule days I do the best I can but I find I have a tendency to run short on me time on those days. I find that when I have me time I am much more light hearted and fun around my kids. I really do enjoy them but when I get burned out it feels more like obligation and kids can pick up on your moods. They want you, the real authentic you not the mom on auto pilot who has forgotten who she is.
    christina259

Answer by christina259 at 10:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2011