can i start potty training my 1 1/2 yr. old even tho. she isn't walking yet?

she walk's along tables and things but not on her own yet!

dancebear1285

Asked by dancebear1285 at 7:51 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No. I mean you can introduce the potty and all that but do not expect much out of it, When she is ready she will let you know. If she can not walk to the potty and do the things herself it will be a huge setback because it will make her mad.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 7:54 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• you can try, but i personally waited until he got the walking thing down
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:59 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• you can if you want to, but most likly, your going to get frustrated, and frustrate her. I would wait. Wait till she shows and intrest, praise when she does, don't say anything negitive or positive when she doesn't, and in time she will start to get it. My oldest I started at 15 mo, and he did great for a while, then regressed, then was scared of the potty, then I just kinda gave up, and about 6 mo before his 3rd b-day, he just got it. My second, we just backed of and waited till he was ready, and then when he was 2 he started going pee in the potty by himself, then by his 3rd b-day he was completely potty trained. My second it was alot less frustrating, and we had alot less temper tantrums. My adivce, just wait. This is something that will happen, no sence in stressing yourself and your relationship with her over it.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 8:08 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Plenty of moms do elimination communication straight out of the womb, so I see no reason why you can't start potty training now..
    My DD was completely out of diapers by 18 months old.. It isn't really that difficult- potty training is about training mom to learn the pee dance, not really about training the child..
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 9:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2008