Would you date a cousin?

first off, it's not me. I just remembered a talk show that I saw about that. a couple of people who were dating or married to a first cousin.

in one case they had met at a family reunion and had no idea they were first cousins until after they had hit it off. The other couple had grown up together and sparks flew eventually.

from what I've heard now that we know more about DNA and genes first cousins are only about 1 percent chance that more bad things would happen to a child.
it seems that you hear about it more and more these days- anyone know of someone who has done that?

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 7:32 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• lmao....um no. never. I'll stick to DH
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 7:33 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• no, its just wrong.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 7:33 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Gross. Yuck. No.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:34 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Only if I did not know he was my relative/cousin.

Answer by louise2 at 7:35 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Yes. My sisters ex husband cheated on her, left her and married his first cousin. Gross, I know. Then, he cheated on her and married the girl he cheated on HER with. Funny, those two are no longer married, either. Stupid fool can't keep a relationship to save his life!
    Anonymous

• Yes, I know someone who did, I mean. NO, I would not. Just to clarify!!
    Anonymous

• I have a cousin who was with our 4th cousin and she was aware of them being related. She went on to have 6 kids by him and she was upset when people in our family blabbed to outsiders about it. What the heck did she expect when she knew to begin with.
    cocobrown28

Answer by cocobrown28 at 7:37 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• First cousin no way, second or third maybe. I dated my 6th cousin in high school and neither of us knew until I took him to meet my grandmother LOL!!! I am happily married now so dating is out of the question though and I have traced both our ancestries back to about the 11th generation and no relation so far.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:39 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 7:47 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• tsk tskNo way!

Momxoxoxo

Answer by Momxoxoxo at 7:48 PM on Feb. 19, 2011