• In the Spotlight:

What to do about an overprotective anal husband!

I am a work at home Mom and take care of our 7 month old. Every scratch, or red spot our boy gets he asks "where'd it come from, you should watch him more closely!" Baby has a red spot under the chin from chaffing and drooling but it doesn't go away, is that common? Every time our little one so much as cries out or fuss's, he jumps up and asks what's wrong! He still co-sleeps, even though my shoulders are in pain from lyng on my side and every time he moves or rolls, Hubby wakes up and asks what's wrong! Or he says, look, he's lying on his side, turn him so he doesn't suffocate! HE'S 7 MONTHS! He can turn on his own and won't suffocate! I am a good mother who pays attention to my lil one ALL the time while working a full time job in an office! These comments make me really frusterated and feel like less a Mom than I know I am! What can I do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• Since birth he gets annoyed with every scratch baby gives himself (from the nails) even though he clips em on a regular basis, what the heck! We do everything we can to avoid such imperfections but when is it too far?
    Anonymous

• Its too far. Criticism is only helpful when it is constructive.... this doesnt sound constructive at all. Let him know that you are taking care of your son properly, and that his comments make you feel undermined. You need to really be on the same page especially when he gets older... you dont want him negating everything you say. Good luck girl!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:21 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• OMG!! tell him to lighten up already!! My phrase is: God is perfect and even HE took a day off!! Seriously, I would kill him!! He is going to create a cry baby out of your son.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 8:54 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• This doesn't sound like run of the mill nit picky. He needs to see a therapist, or get on some anti anxiety meds. How have you not lost your mind????
    OOHPFG

Answer by OOHPFG at 9:06 PM on Nov. 18, 2008