Nuva ring...to put back in or not to put back in...

Have been using the Nuva ring for about a year now. Periods are different every month....some are just spotting and some last 3 or 4 days. Except for this one. I'm supposed to put the ring back in tomorrow but haven't gotten my period yet. Not even spotting. Tried calling GYN today but no answer. Should I put it back in tomorrow or wait till I talk to the doctor? No sex since October so I don't think I'm pregnant and they did a pregnancy test at my annual in December that was negative.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Health

• If I recall correctly the Nuva Ring instructions say to replace the ring regardless of bleeding or not bleeding, on your scheduled day. If you don't then it will be ineffective birth control for the next month, and you risk a higher chance of pregnancy if you do have sex. All birth control should be taken at the same time every day/week/month according to what the instructions say, regardless of your period. And if the last time you had sex was october, and you tested negative in december, there's no way you're pregnant now if that's your concern. I'd place it then remove if necessary after talking to my Dr, not the other way around.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 8:22 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Do it on schedule if you are CERTAIN you are not pregnant.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 12:47 PM on Feb. 22, 2011