I need advice!!

My dad has pretty much been in and out of our lives for as long as I can remember, even before my mom and him got divorced... I've learned to accept it and so have my brother and sister.. But once I had kids I was HOPING he'd at least be a good Grampi to them... He runs a demanding business as a Private Investigator and I understand he's busy, but he never even calls my Kids on their birthday or calls just to say hi!! He lives about an hour away... I've called numerous times and don't even get a call back... This may sound stupid, but sometimes I wonder if he even loves us!! Has anyone ever been in my situation?? What would you do?? My brother and sister have a "whatever" attitude about it, but I am sooo hurt!!! I've tried talking to him about it (when he used to answer his phone), but he's NEVER been easy to talk to, especially about feelings!! HELP?!!?

newmom28

Asked by newmom28 at 8:05 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Are we related?....Sounds so familiar, same here. The lucky thing for me I had a wonderful man step in and decide he "wanted" to be my dad.. He has since passed....I talk to the other one from time to time, but he never keeps any promises he makes....The sad thing for him is that my kids dont even know anything about him...I dont think they even realize my "dad" wasnt my biological....I made a decision a long time ago that I would not subject them to my biologicals nonsense...Remember this, you are not losing out he is...Keep your head up...I know its hard for us girls for some reason...Hugs...
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 9:18 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• ~*Hugs*~... you cannot force others to do what you want them to do, and he probably isn't capable of being what you think he should be
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:23 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• Both of my parents are deceased. I have not talked to or seen my brother or sister in 5 years. My brother lives 20 minutes away from me. You can pick your friends, but, you can't pick your family.
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 8:23 AM on Feb. 20, 2011