Would you accept your child if they were gay?

I would because my child is my child regardless of sexual orientation, plus I might be gay myself. I've has a couple of people tell me that they would disown their kids which is just wrong. How can you give birth to a child and then disown them for being who they are?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 8:33 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Without a second thought.

I think people that disown their child for the way they were born are disgraceful.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:36 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• of course
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:35 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Of course I would. I could never not love or accept my child. That and I have no problem with homosexuality, so it wouldn't matter to me if my son were gay. ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:36 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• love them no matter what. I have my first due in June, but my mother and father loved myself and my siblings no matter what. you dont always have to approve or say thats its right but that is your family. My oldest brother was into drugs, my parents still helped him try to get his life right time after time. My other brother has mental issues and as tiring as that can be they still supported him and helped him. I married out of my race, and my parents love my husband and I ,even though so people are nasty and mean about us being married.
    juniebug11

Answer by juniebug11 at 8:50 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Ferverent prayers of the righteous availeth much. And GOD changes things

I'm sorry but praying to God to change them is NOT the same as accepting them for who they are. It is clear that you have no idea what acceptance really means.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:04 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I would love him no matter what. His dad wouldn't - he's very anti-everything - and that breaks my heart! I try to be open-minded about everything!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 8:33 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Most definitely! No matter what he/she chose to be/do I will always accept my child.
    Unique11

Answer by Unique11 at 8:47 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• ABSOLUTELY! The love I have for my children is UNCONDITIONAL!

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:38 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Absolutely. There's nothing wrong with them being gay it simply is who they are.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:38 PM on Feb. 19, 2011