Need vacuum cleaner recommendations

Our bagless vacuum cleaner died over the weekend so we're in the market for another. I'm not set on bagless because I hate how the dust and dirt flies around when emptying the canister. We also have 2 dogs so we need something that will pick-up their hair. Any recommendations and reviews would be appreciated!

ZacsMom

Asked by ZacsMom at 1:57 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I have a Dyson for pets. It's the purple one. This vacuum is amazing. I always enpty it outside into the trash can because I don't like how all the dust and dirt goes everywhere either. This is the only vacuum I have owned that actually picks up pet hair. It's pricey but it really is worth it!
    Ethanbaby3

Answer by Ethanbaby3 at 2:07 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I like dysons they are pretty $$$ though and I read in consumer reports that the Eureka boss is just as good it's the same vaccum I have and I would recommend it, I haven't had any problems with it and it's a pretty good price and I like the attachments. Just be careful not to get it too close to fabrics it is a very powerful vaccum.
    Tayleina

Answer by Tayleina at 4:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I love my dyson. it is bagless, but it's so easy to empty, and I never have a mess from it. Well worth the money, especially with pets
    lawmom623

Answer by lawmom623 at 9:58 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Dyson!I've found the bagless dyson empties better then other ones. I use to babysit at a house that had a dyson that was made special for pet hair. They are alot, but sometimes at walmart and SEARS they've had deals you buy one and get a gift card to that. mabey search the web for info on that. I did, and waited and saved 100$
    Anonymous