How do I know if everything is okay!? She isn't kicking like she used too :( Should I go to the hospital?

I am now 26 weeks pregnant and my baby girl has been FREAKING me out. She hasn't moved around as much as she usually does, she is still moving.. but doesn't kick as hard and doesn't move nearly as much. I read and heard from a few that after 25 weeks the baby starts taking up more space so she has less room to move around and kick, so the kicks start to feel like nudges instead of full blown acrobatics. Please help me find some comfort!! Is this something I should be worried about?! Should I head to the hospital?!?!!!

JadelynnsMommy1

Asked by JadelynnsMommy1 at 8:41 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Try putting headphones on your belly & playing classical music. It worked for me whenvever I wanted to feel my dau move. If you still have concerns, plz call your Dr on Mon for an appt. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:44 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• im 25 weeks pregnant, and one time she didnt move for like 2 days. try to eat something and lay on your back, maybe choc., oragne juice, a soda. Thats what i would do, im sure everything is fine. I read this same thing also!
    juniebug11

Answer by juniebug11 at 8:44 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Nope..she's probaly just bound up tightly. If shes still kicking and moving there isnt anything to worry about.
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 8:45 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• I would say go with what your instincts tell you. Can you call your doctor and ask about this? After all, that's what they are there for.

I would, just to give myself peace of mind. Better to check and be at ease than worry.
    ItsJules

Answer by ItsJules at 8:47 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• As long as she's still moving no worries. They tend to move more when mom is at rest. Lie down on your left side to increase blood flow and drink something cold or sweet. It should perk her up. If you really think about it, when you are up and walking around she's being "rocked" so she will tend to sleep. When you lie down the "rocking" stops and she should become more awake.The same theory lends itself to why babies frequently have their nights and days mixed up after they are born. if you become greatly concerned ask your OB for a non stress test.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:49 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• If you can still feel her move, there really shouldn't be any cause for concern but you might want to consult your OB on Monday just to get some peace of mind. I know that after I lost my first daughter(She stopped moving completely at 32 weeks and they said her heart beat was fine) so I thought I was reassured. 2 days later she was gone. Not trying to worry you. I know my 2nd DD did not stop moving at all! She was constantly active! But my doc had me on 2 months of bed rest and stress tests twice a week to give me peace of mind.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 8:49 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Wow. You went 32 weeks and still lost her?! I am soo soooo sorry to hear that. That is horrible. I don't know what I would do it that were to happen to me.. this is my first pregnancy and I am SO ready for her to be a part of my world. My doctor won't be back in until Monday so I'll definitely give her a call then. Until then I think I'll be okay. My friend brought me over a heartbeat monitor to borrow and I have felt her move... its just not as much as she used too.
    JadelynnsMommy1

Comment by JadelynnsMommy1 (original poster) at 8:58 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Yeah it was awful. I opted for c-section because they wanted me to endure labor. I didn't wanna go through that. Her umbilical cord was only a few inches long and I had placenta abruption so the surgery almost wasn't successful at saving my life. Anywho, She could just be running out of room and could just be sleepy. Try some of the suggestions from the above posters and if any concerns arise for you AT ALL before monday, go to the ER.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 9:02 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Will do :) Thanks all of you! You have helped out a lot. I just chugged a ton of OJ so we'll see if that makes her move around some more.. she usually gets pretty routy at about 2 in the morning so I guess I'll just have to wait an see. I would be a lot more worried if there was no movement at all but I have felt her throughout the day.. like I said.. its just different than she normally is.

I am also a smoker and still working on quitting. I have cut back but tomorrow I'm just going to try and not buy any more at all and deal with it.. I know I'm now 6 months.. but late is always better than never.. Right?
    JadelynnsMommy1

Comment by JadelynnsMommy1 (original poster) at 9:16 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• No do not head to the hospital, call you OBGYN and explain your concerns. Having or being pregnant is stressful on the expected mommy so we tend to freak out pretty quickly. But, if it makes you feel better go to the emergency room thats what there there for. Congratulation on your pregnancy.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 9:29 PM on Feb. 19, 2011