Stepdad issues

My mom has been having problems with my stepdad. I really dont know much about this guy. I have actually been with my DH longer than my mom has been with my stepdad. She married him 3 months after meeting.

My mom is a very unstable woman. She was molested for years, starting at age 8 and has the mentality of an 8 year old sometimes. My dad beat her and cheated on her for 10 years, and he was the one to leave her. Her next husband was gay and used her to have a baby. There were many other guys between and after them, but I cannot list them all here, too many! And her current husband doesnt work and lets his son rule the house and verbally and comes close to physically abusing my mom.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• (Continued) Well, my mom doesnt do good with advice and will cut you out of her life if you try to tell her something. But I know something...
    As I stated above, stepdad doesnt work. He plays music "gigs" 2 days a week and makes $100 per gig. And he complains so much before going to "work". And since he doesn work, my mom has to. But he wil not let her have access to her money and he complains if she wants something like clothes or even gas in her car. Yet he buys whatever he wants. And he doesnt do any housework even though he is home all day. He complains about the one thing he does do, check the mail!
    Anonymous

• (continued)
    Well, they are having problems with his son, he is 16. He calls my mom a bitch and yells at her and intimidates her all the time. She cannot even ask him to take out the trash or tell him to wake up for school. And he drinks and does drugs. He was caught grwing weed in his closet and has all kinds of alcohol in the house (where my 9 year old brother also lives)
    Well, my stepdad has been telling people that my mom is the problem in the house. She is causing problems with his son and the only reason he keeps her around is to pay the bills. And he talks about how lazy she is and how she doesnt do house work.
    Anonymous

• (continued)
    My mom was abused her whole life. By her stepdad and by my dad. She has physical problems in her body. My dad broke her back and didnt let her go to the hospital so it never healed right so she still has problems with that as well as other things. She has a job in a daycare, in the infant room. She has 6 babies that she has to lift and get on the floor and play with all day. Her back hurts when she gets home, yet she still has to come take care of dinner, laundry, homework and everything else. Everytime I go there the house looks nice, not spotless, but nice.
    What should I do? This is really bothering me that my mom is living like this. I love my mom and after everything she she has been through, she deserves better. But if I tell her what I know, she will probably stop talking to me.
    And to make matters worse, she is teaching my daughter to call him Grandpa!!!!
    Any advice?
    Anonymous

• Unfortunately your mother is an adult and can make her own decisions. It certainly sounds like she's being taken advantage of by these ppl. If she doesn't want to leave then I can't see where you could make her. Some women are just afraid of being alone and staying with someone (anyone) is better to them than being alone.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:31 PM on Nov. 18, 2008