Its' been 7 months since we ended things.

Even though it been 7 months I realize that I still love him. I know it is over for good. We were together for 12 yrs and although they were rocky. I loved him dearly but I wish him the best. I just want to move on an get on with my life. But I think about him everyday. I resent him for everything he put me through. He has already moved on with someone new. I am left with picking up the pieces of my life. We cant even talk at all. He just picks his daughter up Saturdays calls her daily. I know he is a good father. Although he is not involved with our little one as he use to it hurts me but I can not change the situation, it is what it is. I know it will take time to get over him. Im trying to take on hobbies. focus on things that I need to take care of....but quite honestly memories of our relationship comes in and out of my head. I can't stand it that I become so vulnerable about him to myself though because I would not let him see me this way at all. He left me for another girl who he was probably seeing for awhile before I found out. It's amazing how you think you know someone and then bam!! you are hit with a brick. How can i get past this pain that I just try to mask from day to day. I realize I sound pathetic but its the way I feel. I can;' say I hate him but I cant stand talking to him or seeing him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Feb. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• Time babes.  And give yourself some credit!  It sounds to me like you are being rather hard on yourself and don't expect yourself to feel at all.  Your life changed!  Work through each issue at a time.  Don't worry that he's already moved on.  That's his decision.  And you will have the wisdom and experience of knowing yourself a little bit better after working through everything.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:06 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• It's been four months for me. It does take time. Each day furthers me away from him. When I get weak I remember the bad stuff.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:27 PM on Feb. 19, 2011

• Honey it's different for us than men we hold on for a long time after a relationship sometimes years but eventually it will become easier. It's easy for him because he as another girlfriend so he is concentrating on her and all you have are the kids. You need to get more hobbies and if you feel like it get on a dating site and just talk to guys you don't have to date them...there is a site that is free and I have been on it before and I liked it but now im married its........"plenty of fish.com" like any site be careful with the information you give out just chat and before you know it you will be moving on....but don't be surprised that in the future he wants to come back especially if it doesn't work out with the new flavor of the month.
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 1:14 PM on Feb. 20, 2011